Monday, January 30, 2012

family. friends. flatulence.

the list starts here.  brush hair.


after a serious polling of my inner circle who know me best, it is nearly unanimous that i am most well known for my farting prowess.  apparently my gas defines me.  according to my sister, letting it fly loud and proud is what is at the core of my being real.   being 'real, for realsies' is my selling point, she so eloquently stated.    'stinky, but cute.   how does she do that?' added my best friend.

i hung out on the word 'real' for some time.  pointed my browser to thesaurus.com, my other best friend, to find a suitable 'real' word to describe me.   fruitless search.  so i ditched the idea and chose instead to just be flattered about her declaration since i am ferociously frank about my feelings when i write about my family, my friends, my life.   i am relieved that my sister gave it a ringing endorsement, particularly since clearly she'll be fodder for my blog since she made the first paragraph!   enjoy the ride, ragu!   i'm so happy you encouraged me to start a blog!

plus, i know my advisers are right, my flatulence is legendary around these parts, but to be defined by it in my blog's title seemed short sighted.   sure, i'd possibly hook the closeted gassers, who squeeze tightly while seated and slowly shift their weight back and forth until the need subsides.   i'd definitely grab the eye of the reader who also subscribes to the 'better out than in' philosophy.   but i can't imagine i'd ever gain readership from those in my mom's group, those that never fart.  never.  never have, never will.  are thoroughly disgusted by the very thought of it.   i just cannot relate to that group.

so if you have ever farted, and you would like to read candid commentary from me, greta, a 'real, for realsies, stinky but cute' 38 year old wife and mother of three teenage kids, who finds nary a topic untouchable in my writing... then, welcome!

 i just crossed off start blog from my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment