Sunday, March 2, 2014

syrup-titious weekend

i am trying to pinpoint the cause of the intense muscle soreness in my quads and hammies and buttocks today.  i’m walking funny.   i’m making muffled ‘ooh oww' sounds when i stand up and when i lower myself down.  it’s been many weeks since i experienced any DOMS to write home about.  the first few weeks of my hardcore hottie challenge i was struck with plenty of muscle soreness as i completed my new lifting routines for the first time.  i think the BCAA (branch chain amino acids) i take pre-lifting are easing the delayed onset muscle soreness, though honestly i don’t really know if that is the true reason i take them.  i just do what i’m told.  

but today, oh today, my legs are screamin demons.  so many factors, hard to say.  could it be that i slept at my girlfriend’s house last night and the different bed gave me cause for pause?  i usually weather a change in sleeping arrangements without incident.  i could sleep standing up, and in fact have when i was wasted from a binging night of alkyhol. 

which reminds me.. could my body be repulsed by the amount of beer and liquor i drank last night while out with my buddies?  i hardly drink anymore.  so perhaps all the alcohol has traveled down my bloodstream into my legs and it’s just sitting there around my quadriceps and hamstrings, stagnant and sore-making.   that doesn’t seem right though and i have learned that it is lactic acid, not corona with double limes, that pools on the muscles which causes the soreness in my body post-workout.  alan, the husband extraordinaire, is always kind enough to rub that lactic acid off my muscles to keep my DOMS to a minimum, lucky girl that i am.  

oh, wait, now i remember!  it’s the insane amount of lunges and squats i completed on friday night at the gym on top of my day 3 lifting routine.  oh, that’s right!  and plus, i crammed my lifting into unprecedented consecutive days so i could have all my required workouts completed before saturday morning, in preparation for the saturday night debauchery de unclean food and the shenanigans of alky beverage.  my quads and hammies and buttinsky are aching from all the squatty lunging i did.  mystery solved.  

getting drunk and going off-plan with food by eating wheat-crusty pizza and pancakes with syrup after-bar isn’t something i’m stressing.  i planned for it by eating crazy clean all week and then i let er rip on the big night.  i’m not one for 100% diligence in diet; a life without tatortot hot dish is a life i don’t want to live.   i had seconds, and thirds.  

i wrapped up my hangover today by going bikini shopping for my upcoming warm-weather vacation.  it was a dangerous decision as it could have gone terribly wrong with me seeing my body full of unclean food in the mirror and been horrified, rather than accepting myself and loving myself no matter what.  but i rocked that shopping trip and lovingly rubbed my belly full of tatortot hot dish as i tried on the swimsuits.   huge gains made in my mentals!   and then i fed my hangover a monstrous slice of red velvet cheesecake to top off the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment