Monday, March 19, 2012

unfinished business


my non-exhaustive list of things i never get to...
  • dexter - first season.   in my stocking last christmas.   yet to break the seal.   dying to watch it.
  • stack of soft covers from my sister.  cracked one or two open in the last half year.   prior to that, only finished two her these borrowed books - Shit My Dad Says (on an airplane trip) and The Glass Castle (page turner).  on deck, a plethora that i never take time to read and should probably just return to my sis:  running with scissors, the secret life of bees, the dragon tattoo series, (these are all book titles that should be underlines but i'm too lazy), my beloved david sedaris, jodi picoult, on and on.  i actually think i have loaned a few out to others, so i better collect before i return.  eek.
  • photographs umpteen photographs on my laptop, i mean thousands and thousands of disorganized pictures to sort and group and categorize so i can find one when i want to put one in this freaking blog.   i think of the perfect picture and search for 20 minutes before i give up.  i harrumph away from my laptop in disgust.  then i cut and paste something from the web that is close but doesn't remotely look like me.
  • bert's thank you cards for his graduation gifts.  oh my god.  he wrote and got about a fifty sent out last summer.  then he petered out and that project has gathered inches-thick dust on my shelf.   and tonight, my middle child brought his high school graduation announcements home.   i don't see a 'catching up' in my future. 
  • putting this miracle gel that my mom gave me on my double chin that is supposed to tighten it up.  this one is a stunner - have no idea what the hell i'm waiting for on this one.    
  • the not-so-urgent pile of mail in the red folder.  the urgent bundle i go through bimonthly (yes this is my special recipe for bill paying tardiness).   the red folder is pretty much folder garbage.   if i could throw things away, everything in the red folder would be trashed.  but since i can't, i maintain the red folder of months, years old stuff that i kid myself that someday i'll go through it and get that stuff done.
  • a nightstand drawer which doubles as a cord cemetery.   chock full of cords, old mp3 players, garbage phones and cameras, more cords, earphones, a bunch of electronic crap that doesn't work and that i don't need.   i should clean it out someday to make room for my unread heap of books.   if those books were in my nightstand drawer, i may actually crack one open.   thus i would have a reason not to return them to my sister yet since i'm at least 3 short.  


,

No comments:

Post a Comment