Tuesday, February 7, 2012

shhhhhh! Why is she crying like that?

my whole family is back under 1 roof. flurry of activity around the house.   there were root beer floats.  Taco salads.   Hugs and kisses.  Lots of chatting.
 
And now it is midnight,  my laptop will not connect to the effing Internet, I'm done trying to figure it out,  I'm not touch typing this whole blog on my phone because it takes me forever and im worn  out from the flurry. 

So this is it tonight.   I told an inappropriate "you wish" joke when wim commented that he wished something was "at least ten inches".     I'm only saved by the fact that roni was already gone to soccer practice and she is  the only one of the five of us that is under 18. 

Im not condoning my gaff, but I blame the instant commotion created by all of us  together again after three months. 

It was thrilling, fun,  .. and annoying as bert (my oldest son at 19 and home from a stint in Georgia with dad  alien) did not bat an eye at talking in my ear all through the bachelor.   He rarely watches TV and thought this was the perfect time to be  telling me about his abs of steel and to ask me to go with him to  snap fitness tomorrow.  All while Casey and her long-butt romper are getting the boot from Ben.  

And then at the end of the night.. .when bert had been caught trying to pull the wool over my eyes about something, when he was apologizing He looked at me, held out his  hand as if to offer me up a treasure,

   and said "now mom,  will you please accept this rose of apology from me tonight"

Laying it on pretty thick!   That's my bert.    laugh my butt off.

No comments:

Post a Comment